Funeral & Other information’s:
Steps to be taken in case of death:
1. Call the cemetery committee
2. Provide all the information. Cemetery committee will make arrangement with a funeral home to recover the body from the hospital/ home/ hospice within the eight upstate counties and get it deliver to the masjid (cost will be the responsibility of the deceased family after the compeletion of documents.
2. Fill in the burial registration and South Carolina death certificate forms.
3. Make payment to enable the committe to call mortuary to pickup the body to deliver to the Masjid.
4. Determine the time of washing and burial.
5. Wash the body at the facility, provide family members for washing. Coordinate with the cemetery committee if volenteers are needed.
6. Offer funeral prayer (Salatul Janazah)
7. Plan the funeral procession
8. Bury the dead.
Approximate cost (may change) *
Grave Digging and closing
Funeral Home charges
Total $ 3000.00 (for members)
$ 4500.00 (for non memebrs)
* All the cost will be received at the time of washing the body.
** The services of funeral home includes body transfer from the hospital/ home/ hospice within the eight upstate counties to the masjid and later transfer the same after the funeral prayer to the cemetery in their funeral van (Hurst) and file and obtain the death certificate from the respective county.
Contacts in case of death:
M. Taha Kasim (218) 269-2635
Abdulrahim Patel: (864) 421-2003
Sami Abu Rami (864) 207-0739